Best Baby Push Walkers Of 2017 – Reviews & Buying Guide
One of the most memorable moments for parents is watching their child take the first step. That’s after watching the child go through flipping, crawling and standing. The time for that first step comes inevitably next. Through the years, several aids have been introduced to assist the child. These tools aid the development of motor skills, especially in walking.
Some years back, these were known as walkers. Nowadays, we call them Baby Push Walkers. These serve more than just the function of teaching the child to walk.
To arouse the child’s interest, these walkers are equipped with special features. They add an ingredient of play for the child while perfecting walking skills.
The features of Baby Push Walkers are important to consider. The handlebars provide for safety and stability. The wheels ease movement as the child pushes the walker. The features vary from each model to encourage the child to keep going.
VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
This model trains the child earlier. Even before learning how to stand up and walk. That’s because it starts to train the child on how to sit. Your child learns how to sit while enjoying the educational features of the walker.
After that, the child would progress on to standing and walking and enjoy every minute of it. Numbers, animals, music, games, colors, lights and more. Name it and this learning walker has it.
The walker has a front panel which can be removed from the walker and played with while flat on the floor. It has piano keys, a play telephone, barn animals, spinning gears, and more.
These will provide endless fun for the child at the same time sharpening his motor skills. Learning skills will develop while identifying and appreciating music, shapes, colors, and animals.
When the child is ready, the push walker will come into play. With or without the panel, walking skills can be advanced. Preferably though, the panel should be attached. This is so the child can have fun while learning how to push walk.
The model features two modes of play and the controls are on the walker’s activity panel. It has the learning and music mode, which comes with different activities.
- This is an interactive product which will help your little one learn. It aids in developing your toddler’s fine motor skills.
- It has a mini-piano with 5 keys to encourage music. While your little one makes music with the piano, creativity is enhanced.
- The wheels can roll over hard surfaces as well as floors with carpets.
- Comes with brightly colored accessories. These include sorters for shapes, buttons which light up and colorful rollers which can spin.
- It has some mechanical components which can encourage enjoyable role-playing. It also comes with a phone handset for pretend play and the appropriate number of AA batteries for it to work.
- Ideal for babies as young as 9 months and toddlers up to 3 years of age. Plays up to 70 songs which your little one can sing along too, as well as some fun-filled phrases.
- May tip over when your baby/toddler will pull on it to get to a standing position.
- Music plays continuously, which might not be appealing to some customers.
Fisher-Price Bright Beginnings Activity Walker
The Fisher-Price Bright Beginnings Activity Walker is really fun. It helps train your little one in walking. It can also serve as an activity fun center for your child when folded flat. In such position, the child can learn and play at the same time.
Your child will be able to turn balls, slide beads, flip doors and a spin the rollerball. In this position, one would consider it more as a toy.
And as a walker, it ensures for the child steady support. This is important for that all important first step. It’s also important throughout his walking lessons.
Steady support is key. That’s because it will boost the child’s confidence in walking without assistance. Furthermore, balance and coordination skills are also gradually developed in the child.
The model was designed for children between 6-36 months old. With its small size and the fact that you can fold it, storage is never a problem. The walker can also be brought anywhere so the child’s fun center will ever be present.
- Comes with a lot of different activities to keep your little one busy. It also helps your baby become steadier when taking the first steps.
- Has different activities to enhance coordination and fine motor skills. These include doors which can be flipped, beads for sliding, gears which can be turned and panels which spin. There is also a ball which spins in the middle of the walker.
- Can be folded easily, making it a portable product which is also easy to store.
- Delivered to your door already pre-assembled and ready for use.
- Might be too light, so it tips over easily.
- Doesn’t have any sound effects or music.
Melissa & Doug Deluxe Chomp and Clack Alligator Wooden Push Toy and Activity Walker
Handcrafted mostly of wood, this model was designed for fun. It is a great toy and a great walker. It is a very dependable tool in honing the motor skills of your child. It’s also helpful in developing hand-to-eye coordination.
The fun features will arouse the child’s enthusiasm to train with no hesitancy. The wooden green gators and the multi-colored fishes on the wheels are animated. When the walker is pushed forward, they come alive.
Such feature encourages the child to further move the walker. This beastly walker has wooden handles with cattails and butterflies on its support.
It has beads in ladybug and butterfly shapes. These can be slid and spun for more fun. The gators open and close their jaws in clacking sounds. The walker truly defines a swamp scene.
This walker also has safety features. It doesn’t contain any toxic paints or dyes. The wood is handcrafted and very sturdy in construction. The wheels are non-skid and the easy grasp handles promote stability.
- It’s a well-crafted wooden toy which is constructed with durability in mind. It comes with a lot of appealing activities for babies who love to move around.
- Designed with different animals and insects. These include alligators, fish, a butterfly, and ladybugs.
- While your child pushes this walker around, it makes a fun noise.
- Most ideal for children aged 1 and above.
- Wheels are non-skid and the handle is easy to grip.
- Needs to be assembled by an adult before use.
- Paint may chip over time.
Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop ‘n Cook Walker
Start the kids young with cooking and shopping fun activities. These activities will educate and entertain your child. The Bright Starts Giggling Gourmet Shop ‘n Cook Walker can provide all these and more. There are four entertaining stages of play.
First, the cook top of the walker is detachable for separate sit and play activities. Your child can mimic mom as a pretend cook on this cook top.
Second, the cook top can serve as a stationary work table for a child who is able to stand up. This can be achieved when the cart legs are locked in place.
Third, the walker’s sturdy legs will provide the proper support. This is useful when your child starts walking. And to add more fun, popcorn pop sounds accompany your child while pushing the walker.
And fourth, the cook top can be separated from the walker to convert it into a small shopping cart. It looks just like the kind found in the grocery stores. Your little kid is now ready for some play “shopping”.
This product has more fun features. It has a slide a lever found on the cook top and a silly sandwich comes up. When your little one pushes the light up button, sizzling sound effects are heard.
Your child can even spin the egg roller. It has three shapes for shape sorting fun. Memories of this fun walker will surely remain with the child for a long time.
- Comes with 4 fun play modes which will grow along with your little one. It also comes with a sorter for shapes.
- When your baby walks or pushes the popcorn button, the popcorn actually pops!
- The button which lights up makes sizzling sounds, which sound like real cooking.
- Easy-to-assemble walker is made with high-quality materials.
- This walker comes with different activities for learning and it can be converted to a shopping cart for pretend play.
- Wheels don’t have tension control.
- Cook top of the walker isn’t attached on too tightly.
Pidoko Kids Block and Roll Cart – Wooden Push and Pull Toy Activity Baby Walker
One of the best features of this walker is its adherence to safety measures. All the toys are tested to meet the safety standards which are set by the USA. Safety of the toys is an important factor to the manufacturer as it is to the consumers.
This model has unique and very impressive features. Construction wise, it is made of durable wood. It’s made with a solid and sturdy construction.
This ensures safety when your child starts walking lessons. Materials used are non-toxic and its craftsmanship is of the best quality.
It has great developmental features. It’s ideal for the child’s early stages of walking. At the same time, it helps develop important mobility skills. It helps promote skills in color recognition, matching, stacking, coordinating and such.
The walker comes with a collection of 33 wooden blocks of different shapes and colors. This will certainly keep your child educated and entertained. It further enhances creativity and cognitive skills.
This walker can also be a great decorative addition to any home. That’s because of its superior craftsmanship. It could give an added touch to the playroom or the nursery or a child’s play area.
It could do the same for waiting rooms and school classrooms. By itself, the walker IS a storage compartment, so cleaning up will never be a problem.
- Made with wood materials which are child-friendly and durable. It’s a safe walker for your little one to lean on.
- Wheels have rubber trims. This is a clever design which makes it safer for kids to push around. It also protects your flooring.
- Comes with 33 wooden blocks to enhance creativity and fine motor skills.
- It also serves as a storage space for the blocks. This will aid in teaching your child to tidy up toys after playing.
- Contains parts which may not be ideal for younger babies.
- Doesn’t produce music.
There are a lot of superior products out there and all you have to do is make a choice. All the products on our list have excellent features. But we believe one stands out among the rest.
The VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker is the best baby push walker because it can be used by your little one early on. It can be used by your baby even before he/she learns how to stand.
Unlike the Fisher-Price Bright Beginnings Activity Walker, this walker has musical elements to it. This is an excellent feature because children really enjoy music.
They will find the sound effects a lot more appealing and entertaining. It’s also more superior than the Pidoko Kids Block and Roll Cart – Wooden Push and Pull Toy Activity Baby Walker. This is because your little one can use it early. It doesn’t contain small parts which can be considered a choking hazard.
The VTech walker has a lot of fun and educational elements. It will grow with your child as he/she learns how to stand, and then how to walk. The educational elements are colorful, which is appealing to young learners.
It also plays sound effects and music, which can be fun for babies and toddlers. It’s an excellent product which will give you good value for your money.